NativeEnergy is the leading provider of high-quality GHG emission reduction and renewable energy investments for leaders in corporate sustainability. Through our innovative Help BuildTM project model, NativeEnergy has enabled our clients to invest in over 70 new and brand-relevant emission reduction projects that provide meaningful social and environmental benefits to communities around the world.
With this success, NativeEnergy needs to Help BuildTM more. We are expanding our business model to include a broad array of projects customized for our corporate clients. These uniquely constructed portfolios of “corporate impact investments” will drive business value for our clients and generate tangible benefits to their broader stakeholder communities: customers, supply chains, employees, and shareholders. Our Help-BuildTM model enables these companies to implement sustainability strategies (i.e. shared value) through the creation of focused investments that align sustainability to the business and lend credibility to those strategies.
The Director of Project Development will be instrumental in leading NativeEnergy’s renewable energy and greenhouse gas project development and investment programs for its corporate clients. The Director will be responsible for project origination and development across NativeEnergy’s product portfolio and serve as a key member of our client and product teams. We are seeking a dynamic individual who is knowledgeable about global climate change issues, passionate about advancing renewable energy and projects that reduce greenhouse gases, and has a track record of bringing projects online. The Director will report to the CEO.
- Originate and develop NativeEnergy projects from inception to construction throughout the U.S. and potentially internationally
- Build a network to generate business and project leads, and grow NativeEnergy’s project pipeline
- Lead development of projects that generate verifiable greenhouse gas reductions, including renewable energy projects and methane capture and destruction projects.
- Manage development partnerships with private and nonprofit organizations
- Collaborate with NativeEnergy’s Sales and Marketing teams to support client needs
- Plan and budget for future supply portfolio based on client needs and short/long term strategic goals
- Structure, negotiate, and execute all project agreements
- Develop and present financial models to assess risk and returns of projects
- Explore and assess renewable energy and carbon markets, trends, customers, and competitors
- BA/BS in business, engineering, energy/environmental science, or equivalent experience
- 10 years experience in project development or engineering project management
- Minimum 5 years experience in renewable energy, carbon markets, or other impact investments
- Strong knowledge of renewable energy and the carbon markets
- Demonstrated background project development, planning, and management, including grant acquisitions, financial pro forma development, financing structuring, vendor qualification assessments, and partner due diligence
- Experience with carbon standards, policy, and creation of Project Design Documents (PDDs)
- Strong proficiency in financial analysis
- Ability to conduct independent and complex due diligence to ensure equity-equivalent investments are justified
- Solid knowledge of global climate change issues and related environmental studies and issues.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Success at project development
- Ability to multi-task, manage projects, and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with clients, colleagues, and industry partners
- Regular business travel will be required
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience working in renewable energy project development
- Experience working in the agricultural sector and, specifically, within the dairy farming industry
- Broad knowledge of manure management practices, nutrient management planning and practices, anaerobic digester technologies, and general dairy farm operations highly desired
- Ability and willingness to routinely and effectively communicate with the farming community, its suppliers, and state/federal ag agencies
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before July, 31 to email@example.com.
All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence. NativeEnergy is an equal opportunity employer.